Our summary of cover tells you in brief what our pet insurance policies include, but it’s important that you are also aware of what we don’t cover. We want you to be confident that your policy covers everything you need it to. Below are some examples of what we don’t cover, but please be sure to read the full Pet insurance policy wording (PDF 855KB) before you decide to buy.
Applicable to all sections of this policy
We will not pay for claims arising directly or indirectly from:
- Your pet not being named on the schedule of insurance.
- Your pet being under eight weeks old when you take out the policy (upper age limit applies to claims for death from accident or illness, but there is no maximum age limit for vet fees claims).
- For any treatment required for a pre-existing medical condition or a condition that arose in the first 10 days of inception (this exclusion is not applicable to renewed policies).
- Incidents occurring outside the United Kingdom, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Channel Islands, Eire and the EU member countries of the PETS Travel Scheme as defined by DEFRA.
- Your dog being a breed required to be registered under the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 and the Dangerous Dogs Act (Northern Ireland) order 1991
- Any medication or treatment not recommended by a vet.
- The use of your pet for commercial, guard, security or training purposes.
- Infringement of UK animal health and import legislation.
- Any pet sold or where any financial interest whatsoever is parted with by you, whether temporarily or permanently.
- Any claims under any section of cover where premium has not been paid.
- The cost and compensation for euthanasia of your pet under a court order or the contagious Diseases Act or following its destruction for the protection of livestock.
For pet insurance Aviva UK Digital Limited introduce to BDML Connect Ltd who arrange and administer the policy. BDML Connect Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (No. 309140). Registered in England and Wales Number 02785540. Registered Office: 45 Westerham Road, Bessels Green, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN13 2QB. Aviva UK Digital Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered in England No. 09766150. Registered Office: St Helen’s, 1 Undershaft, London EC3P 3DQ. Pet insurance is underwritten by Aviva Insurance Limited, Registered in Scotland, No. 2116. Registered Office: Pitheavlis, Perth PH2 0NH. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Financial Services Register number 202153). You can check this by visiting the Financial Services Register at http://www.fca.org.uk/register or contacting the Financial Conduct Authority on 0800 111 6768.