We use cookies to give you the best possible online experience. If you continue, we'll assume you are happy for your web browser to receive all cookies from our website. See our cookie policy for more information on cookies and how to manage them.

Knowledge store

For tips, tools and guidance on all things risk management, just search for a topic you’re interested in or use the below pods.

Knowledge store general enquiry form
Submit enquiry


As from the 6th April 2009, most businesses no longer need to register with HSE.

However, if you work with hazardous substances such as asbestos or explosives or in a hazardous industry such as construction or diving, you may need to apply for a licence or notify HSE or your local authority.

Where construction work is being undertaken form F10 (Notification of Construction Work) might well be relevant. This must be completed in order to comply with the requirements of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations. In brief, CDM requires the F10 to be completed as soon as the CDM Coordinator is appointed where the work involves more than 30 days or more than 500 person days.

Next Steps

  • Source discounted products, available to Aviva insured customers and brokers, via our Specialist Partners - click here to find out more about the savings you could make
  • Call our Risk Helpline on 0345 366 66 66
  • Email us at
  • View our Tools and Templates

Please Note
This document contains general information and guidance and is not and should not be relied on as specific advice. The document may not cover every risk, exposure or hazard that may arise and Aviva recommend that you obtain specific advice relevant to the circumstances. AVIVA accepts no responsibility or liability towards any person who may rely upon this document.

Rate this entry

Was this helpful to you?