We can provide inspection and testing of Electric Vehicle (EV) charging points through our Specialist Partner, Bureau Veritas. Please note, Specialist Partner services are available at an additional cost.
Like any fixed electrical installation, Duty Holders are required under the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 (EAWR) to ensure the safety of EV charging points. This includes maintaining systems to prevent, so far as is reasonably practicable, any danger to employees, visitors or other persons.
In addition to the EAWR, there are a number of other documents used for guidance and to demonstrate compliance. These include:
-BS7671 Requirements for Electrical installations - Section 722 – Electric Vehicle charging installations
-Guidance Notes including GN3 (IET) - 18th Edition
-Code of practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installations (IET)
- Inspection and testing programmes to help ensure the electrical safety and compliance of EV charging points
- Bureau Veritas recommends formal periodic inspecting and testing every 6 months, with a robust series of checking in place for daily users
- Inspection and testing programme
- Maintain compliance with workplace and electrical safety legislation
- Identify faults earlier and ensure longevity and safety of assets
- Access to a full range of fixed electrical testing and inspection services
* The cost of calls to 03 prefixed numbers are charged at national call rates (charges may vary dependent on your network provider) and are usually included in inclusive minute plans from landlines and mobiles. For our joint protection telephone calls may be recorded and/or monitored.