Health insurance for small businesses
There is important information on this page that may be difficult to read on a small screen device. You may wish to switch to a larger display.
5 Star rated small business health insurance… with one month free
Staying healthy is important, especially if you're running your own small business. Our private health insurance product, Solutions, is great value for money if you have 2-99 employees – and it’s really easy to set up.
Our Defaqto 5 Star rated private health insurance product lets you choose which benefits you'd like to have along with:
- Your first month free - As long as you haven’t had a private healthcare policy with us in the last 12 months and you agree to hold the cover for a whole year, we’ll give you 1 month free cover. This applies to the first year of your policy.
Our health insurance policy helps employees get back on their feet and back to work as soon as possible. Here is what our Solutions product can do for you:
- Offer the right treatment, at the right time - You'll get support from us that may help your employees get back to work faster. That means early diagnosis and prompt access to expert medical treatment at a time that suits them, anywhere in the UK at a hospital from our networks or from your chosen hospital list. See which hospitals you can use (PDF 1.70MB)
- BacktoBetter - Solutions includes our innovative musculoskeletal case management service as standard within core cover. Helping get employees back to work faster if they need to claim for pain in the back, neck, muscles or joints (musculoskeletal (MSK) conditions).
- Access to the latest drugs and treatments - Solutions covers all the latest medicines and therapies, as long as there’s medical evidence to show they can work. Our clinical experts keep us up to date, so you get the best possible treatment.
- Dedicated cancer support - We can take care of everything, from the first phone call for a claim right through to sensitive, ongoing aftercare. Read more about our cancer pledge.
- A 24-hour GP helpline - Your employees can call a fully qualified GP day or night, so they may not need time off work to get medical advice. They can also call about other family members, which is really useful if they have small children.
- A 24-hour stress counselling helpline - As stress is a growing cause of absence we give all our Solutions customers access to a stress counselling helpline. Your employees can call any time day or night, and talk for as long as they wish to an experienced counsellor. This helpline is available to members aged 16 or over.
- Pay for the benefits you want – Solutions allows you to enhance or reduce your cover depending on the needs of the business.
- Decide who gets which benefits - Choose different levels of cover for different groups of employees. You could increase benefits for yourself and senior staff, and include your family on the same policy too.
- Aviva Advantages - Your employees will also be given access to Aviva Advantages, where they'll find lots of rewards and money saving offers - not just on personal Aviva products (such as car or home insurance) but with 100s of our partners too.
For more private health insurance details please see what can this product cover or call us on 0800 158 5182 and talk to one of our friendly team. Calls to and from Aviva may be monitored and/or recorded.
1 month free cover
What is a network?
We’re developing a number of networks of facilities, specialists or other practitioners that we recognise to provide the treatment required for a specific condition or suspected condition.
By creating networks, Aviva has more control over the treatment pathway. This means we can drive better commercial deals, which helps us maintain affordable prices. What’s more, by controlling the treatment pathway we can give our customers greater assurance when it comes to clinical quality and treatment, and ensure that more treatment can be covered before benefits limits are reached.
Our networks are updated frequently as we work to ensure we get the best possible service for our customers. We regularly add or evolve networks, or in the event that a facility/specialist is no longer suitable for a network we may remove them. Please contact our claims team before arranging any treatment.
Contact our claims team on 0800 158 3344. Our lines are open from 8am-8pm Monday to Friday and 8am-1pm on Saturdays.