Do I need Tools, Stock and Business Equipment Insurance?
That depends. Could your business survive financially without your equipment? If it can’t, our cover will take care of your essentials if something happens. We’ll cover you against loss, accidental damage and theft – whether it happens on-site or off.
Why choose Aviva?
Cover against loss, theft and accidental damage
Insure the tools of your trade, and you'll be safe in the knowledge we're on hand to help in case of loss, theft and accidental damage.
Protects you, your employees and visitors
If an item – say a laptop or smartphone – owned by a visitor or employee is damaged, lost or stolen while in your custody, we'll help replace it.
Need to make a claim? With Aviva it’s quick, easy, and straightforward – and all dealt with by our UK claims centre. That’s another load off your mind.
- The cost of replacing lost, stolen or damaged business equipment
- Covers overnight theft from an unattended vehicle as standard, subject to policy terms and conditions
- The cost of repairing or replacing contractor tools and trade stock
- Insurance for business equipment including mobile phones, tablets, laptops and computers
- Up to £500 cover for employees’ and visitors’ personal belongings or tools while in your control
- Up to £500 cover for trade samples and promotional merchandise
- If we can’t repair your computer equipment, we’ll pay to replace it with equipment of equal or next-nearest performance
What’s not included
- Overnight theft from a vehicle, unless the keys have been removed from the vehicle, all manufacturer’s security devices have been put to use, and any unattached trailers have anti-hitching devices that are put into effect
- Storm damage, malicious damage or theft of property from a soft-topped, open-topped or open-sided vehicle
- Damage caused by theft or attempted theft if there are no visible signs of entry to the building, where the building can’t be locked, or if your premises are unoccupied for more than 45 days
- Wear and tear
- Mechanical or electrical breakdown
- Damage to moveable property in the open caused by wind, rain, hail, sleet, snow, flood or dust
- Faulty or defective design, materials or workmanship
- Damage caused by pollution or contamination
- Acts of fraud or dishonesty
- Acts of terrorism
For more information about our covers and exclusions please refer to the summary of cover documents.
Do you have over 9 employees? Buy through a broker
Got a question?
We answer some of the most frequently asked questions about Tools, Stock and Business Equipment Insurance.
How much cover do I need?
What gadgets do you cover in this insurance?
What if I use personal gadgets for business?
What if I bought my insurance from a broker?