I want to change the address on my home insurance policy
Before you continue...
We typically reply within 24 hours but if your required change is more urgent, you may be able to complete your policy change immediately by logging into MyAviva if you hold:
- Home policies only
- Home, Motor, Life and/or Travel insurance
- Your policy is in your name only (single policyholder).
You must read and agree to the information before completing our change of address form.
Am I covered for moving house?
Our contents insurance includes cover for your contents whilst being moved by professional removers from your existing home (provided we are already insuring your contents at this address) to your new permanent home (including temporary storage in a recognised storage depository for up to 7 days).
For cover limits and exclusions (such as money, jewellery and watches) please refer to the documents section of MyAviva on the policy you wish to view.
I need to cover my new property from the date of exchange but I’m not moving yet. Can I cover both properties?
We can continue to cover buildings and/or contents cover at your old property until you move into your new address. This would be for a maximum of 60 days and a charge of up to £55.00 plus Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) would apply to do so. Please complete the temporary cover question below and let us know if this is something you would like us to arrange for you.
If you require cover for both the old and new address on the move date only, we can provide this cover at no additional charge.
This change will be based on the assumption that:
- Your new property has 5 or less bedrooms
- Your new property will not be left unoccupied for more than 60 consecutive days
- Your new property is made from standard brick, stone or concrete walls and a tiled or slate roof
- Your new property is not a listed building
- Your new property has not or is not suffering from flooding, subsidence, landslip or heave
- That the only business use conducted at your property is for computer work, emails, telephone calls or administration
If you don't meet the criteria, you will need to use our general enquiries form.
Once you have completed the information on this email form, we will reply by sending you an email quote. We aim to do this within 24 hours. No changes will be made to your policy, until you reply accepting the quote and confirming you want to proceed.
Unable to meet the criteria?
Please use our general enquires form requesting a change of address, providing further details as to why you cannot meet the above criteria, and we'll get back to you.