Make sure you’re covered for everything you need
You can add extras to your core cover, at an additional cost.
So, from routine dental procedures to extra treatments and therapies, you can build the cover that's right for you.
Dental and optical
Our health insurance already covers surgical dental procedures performed in hospital 1.
With this option, you'll also be covered for routine dental treatment and optical expenses 2. That means:
- Up to £150 towards glasses and contact lenses, with a £50 excess
- Up to £250 for routine dental treatment, with a £50 excess
- Up to £600 of dental treatment cover following an accident
Mental health treatment
With our cover, you get up to £2,000 of cover for GP-referred outpatient mental health treatment as standard.
Adding this option means you'll also be covered for inpatient and day patient care if you're diagnosed with an acute psychiatric condition. We'll pay:
- Inpatient and day patient accommodation and nursing costs in full, for up to 28 days
- Specialists’ fees for inpatient treatment, in line with our fee guidelines
Extended hospital list
If you'd like to choose a hospital from a list, instead of using Expert Select, you can choose our Extended hospital list.
This increases the number of hospitals you can use, especially in the Greater London area, when compared with the Key hospital list.
Other treatment and therapies
- Up to 10 sessions in combined total per condition with a physiotherapist, chiropractor, osteopath or acupuncturist, if referred by your GP
- GP minor surgery up to £100 for each procedure
Protect your no claim discount
You can protect your no claim discount (NCD) for an additional premium.
Here's how it works:
- The NCD protection kicks in if you make a claim that would have otherwise caused you to drop down the NCD scale, protecting your premium from increasing.
- At your next renewal, instead of your NCD reducing, it stays at the same level. It will just be your NCD protection that's lost. This means the NCD will apply in the usual way at your next renewal.
- Once you’ve been claim-free for a year, you can ask to protect your NCD again.
Want health insurance?
Our extensive cover gets you the healthcare you need, when you need it.
Keep on top of your health and wellbeing with our guides and articles.
How much does health insurance cost?
Learn about the key factors that might affect the cost of health insurance.
Ways to enhance or reduce your health insurance
Discover the difference between our health insurance cover types, and what your options are.
How health insurance excess works
When applying for health insurance, you'll usually be able to choose an excess amount. So what is excess, and how does it work?
Protecting your lungs
How can we prevent lung cancer and other diseases? Find out how to keep your lungs strong, healthy and functional with our step by step guide here.
Aches and pains
Diet and exercise, avoiding falls and tips for a quick recovery.
How to eat for a healthy heart
Eat the right foods for a diet that helps prevent heart disease.
How to prevent sports injuries
Regular exercise has lots of health benefits, so here's how to avoid injuries that keep you from staying active
How to keep your teeth healthy
Learn how to keep your teeth looking and feeling great by following our simple steps to ensure you’re brushing them correctly. Find out more here.
What is 'virtual physiotherapy' and could it help ease your back pain?
Avoiding joint injuries
Read our helpful information on how to avoid joint injuries and help ease any knee, hip or shoulder pain.
Lowering your blood pressure
Simple ways to help lower your blood pressure and protect yourself from serious illness.
How to maintain a healthy diet
Diet is the foundation of optimal health, you are what you eat. Find out how to get the essential nutrients without breaking the bank here.
The benefits of acupuncture
Could acupuncture help with your headaches, migraines, joint pain or neck pain?
How to take care of your eyes
Find out how to prevent sight loss through diet, eye protection and regular check ups
How to relieve back pain
Try these short-term, at-home treatments: physiotherapy, osteopathy or acupuncture.
How to get a good night's sleep
Experience the physical and mental health benefits of rest.