Cover just for your property
Our Buildings Insurance ensures your property's structure is protected if it’s damaged. And with add-ons like accidental damage and legal services cover, you can tailor your policy to suit you. Our Defaqto 5 Star rated Buildings insurance starts from just £119 – that’s all 10% of customers paid (excludes optional extras) 1.
Unlimited sum insured
There’s no limit to the overall amount we’ll cover your property for – so you don’t need to worry about being underinsured 2
If the damage is covered by your insurance, we'll pay for alternative accommodation until your home is fit to live in
Finding and fixing leaks
If there’s a water leak causing damage to your home, we’ll cover up to £5,000 to uncover the source and make good afterwards
Don’t forget, you can take out our Buildings Insurance on its own, or together with our Contents Insurance as a complete Home Insurance package.
What does Buildings Insurance cover?
We cover the structure of your property against damage caused by things like fires, storms or burglars. Permanent fixtures, like kitchen surfaces and built-in wardrobes, are also covered, as are driveways and patios.
Cover for damage, subsidence, and even lost keys.
Damage to the structure of your home
- Caused by events such as fire, flooding and theft
- We also cover subsidence, heave of land and landslip
Damage to garages and outbuildings
- The structure of your garage and any domestic outbuildings are covered as standard
- We’ll also cover swimming pools, ponds and fountains, hard courts, terraces, and patios
Cost of alternative accommodation (including loss of rent)
- We’ll pay for accommodation if your home can’t be lived in due to damage covered by your policy
- And if you’re a landlord we’ll pay you either for lost rent or for alternative accommodation
Replacement locks and keys
- We’ll pay to fit replacement locks to external doors if your keys are lost or stolen, as well as alarm systems or safes in your home
Liability protection for injuries or property damage
- Protection for injuries or property damage (if you’re legally liable as the homeowner)
What’s not covered
Unfortunately, we can’t cover everything – make sure you’re happy with what’s not covered, including:
- Wear and tear
- Wet rot, dry rot or frost damage
- Fences, gates or hedges damaged in a storm
- Claims for poor workmanship or faulty design
Take a look at our policy wording for full details of what's not covered.
Tailor your policy with our add-ons and get extra cover for your home and belongings.
Choose between 'extra' and 'limited' cover for items from cables to service pipes.
Protected no-claims discount
If you haven't made a claim for 5 years or more, you can protect your no-claims discount.
Cover for you and your domestic partner, as well as any family members living with you.
Looking for more cover?
We’ve got a range of products to protect what’s important to you
Need help? Ask our chatbot
Still need help?
If you’ve still got a question, find out how to get in touch on our contact us page.