Cover just for your property
Our Buildings Insurance ensures your property's structure is protected if it’s damaged. And with add-ons like accidental damage and legal services cover, you can tailor your policy to suit you. Our defaqto 5 star rated Buildings insurance starts from just £96 -that’s all 10% of customers paid. 1
Unlimited sum insured
There’s no limit to the overall amount we’ll cover your property for – so you don’t need to worry about being underinsured 2.
If the damage is covered by your insurance, we'll pay for alternative accommodation until your home is fit to live in 3.
Finding and fixing leaks
If there’s a water leak causing damage to your home, we’ll cover up to £5,000 to uncover the source and make good afterwards.
Don’t forget, you can take out our Buildings Insurance on its own, or together with our Contents Insurance as a complete Home Insurance package.
What does Buildings Insurance cover?
We cover the structure of your property against damage caused by things like fires, storms or burglars. Permanent fixtures, like kitchen surfaces and built-in wardrobes, are also covered, as are driveways and patios.
Cover for damage, subsidence, and even lost keys.
Damage to the structure of your home
- Caused by events such as fire, flooding and theft
- We also cover subsidence, heave of land and landslip
Damage to garages and outbuildings
- The structure of your garage and any domestic outbuildings are covered as standard
- We’ll also cover swimming pools, ponds and fountains, hard courts, terraces, and patios
Cost of alternative accommodation (including loss of rent)
- We’ll pay for accommodation if your home can’t be lived in due to damage covered by your policy
- And if you’re a landlord we’ll pay you either for lost rent or for alternative accommodation
Replacement locks and keys
- We’ll pay to fit replacement locks to external doors if your keys are lost or stolen, as well as alarm systems or safes in your home
Liability protection for injuries or property damage
- Protection for injuries or property damage (if you’re legally liable as the homeowner)
What’s not covered
Unfortunately, we can’t cover everything – make sure you’re happy with what’s not covered, including:
- Wear, tear and breakdowns
- Wet rot, dry rot or frost damage
- Fences, gates or hedges damaged in a storm
- Claims for poor workmanship or faulty design
Take a look at our policy wording for full details of what's not covered.
Tailor your policy with our add-ons and get extra cover for your home and belongings.
Choose between 'extra' and 'limited' cover for items from cables and service pipes to home entertainment equipment.
Protected no-claims discount
If you haven't made a claim for 5 years or more, you can protect your no-claims discount.
Cover for you and your domestic partner, as well as any family members living with you.
Looking for more cover?
We’ve got a range of products to protect what’s important to you
From gadgets to grandfather clocks, our Contents Insurance can help to protect your prized possessions.
Take a look at our latest news and guides.
Preventing storm damage
Simple steps you can take to safeguard your home before, during and after a storm.
Preparing for a flood
What to do if a flood’s on the way, from precautionary measures to safeguarding important documents.
Protecting your home from snow
How to protect your home from heavy snow.
The Flood Re scheme
How we work with the Flood Re scheme to insure homes at high risk of flooding.
Need help? Ask our chatbot
Still need help? Give us a call.
Monday to Friday: 8:00am - 8:00pm
Saturday: 8:30am - 5:00pm
Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm
For our joint protection, telephone calls may be recorded and/or monitored and will be saved for a minimum of 5 years. Calls to 0800 numbers from UK landlines and mobiles are free.