Cover just your belongings
From £51, if you need to insure your belongings – and not the building you live in – our Contents cover could help. And with add-ons like home emergency or bike cover, you can tailor your policy to suit you. 10% of our customers paid this price 5.
Unlimited sum insured
There’s no limit to the overall amount we’ll cover all of your contents for – so you don’t need to worry about being underinsured 1.
Home office equipment
Cover for office furniture, computers, printers and other equipment used for work up to £5,000.
Food in the freezer
Replace ruined food up to £1,000 if your freezer breaks down or accidentally has the power disconnected.
Don’t forget, you can take out our Contents Insurance on its own, or together with our Buildings Insurance as a complete Home Insurance package.
Your contents cover stories
With every new claim there’s a story to tell. Here are some examples of how we’ve helped people deal with the unexpected.
When Max’s bike was stolen from the secure bike shed at his flat, he called us to make a claim. We couldn’t find an exact replacement, so we took the time to ensure he got a new bike he was totally happy with. And in no time at all, Max was back on the road 2.
Worldwide personal belongings add-on
Simon’s phone, cash, credit card and Swiss watch were all stolen when he was mugged while in Asia. Because he added personal belongings to his Contents Insurance, we were able to cover his loss, replacing his items and paying money directly into his bank account 3.
What does Contents Insurance cover?
Our Contents Insurance covers your household items including money, valuables and home office equipment. Plus, you can add extra worldwide cover for your bikes and personal belongings.
Protection against loss, damage and more.
Loss or damage to your contents
- Caused by events such as fire, theft and flooding
- Unlimited overall sum insured for properties with up to 5 bedrooms 1
Cover at home and in the garden
- Cover in your home, outbuildings and garden
- Plus we’ll cover items temporarily taken outside the home or garden
New for old replacements
- We’ll replace your damaged or destroyed belongings with new items 6
- Or we’ll help with restorations, repairs or payment to choose your own replacements
- Cash in your home covered up to £750 - including travel tickets, gift vouchers and phone cards
Food in freezers
- We’ll replace spoiled food if your freezer breaks or down or you accidentally turn the power off
What’s not covered
Unfortunately, we can’t cover everything – make sure you’re happy with what’s not covered, including:
- Wear and tear, and the cost of repairing breakdowns or faults
- Theft of cycles in the garden (unless securely locked to an object that can’t be moved)
- Misplacing or accidentally losing items
- Motorised vehicles, aircrafts, caravans or watercrafts of any kind
Take a look at our policy wording for full details of what's not covered.
Get up to 20% off online
Take out our Contents Insurance online and you could get up to 20% off the standard price 7.
Tailor your policy with our add-ons and get extra cover for your home and belongings.
Protected no-claims discount
If you haven't made a claim for 5 years or more, you can protect your no-claims discount.
Cover for you and your domestic partner, as well as any family members living with you.
Extra personal belongings
Additional cover for your belongings in the UK and worldwide, including personal money and credit cards.
Choose between 'extra' and 'limited' cover for items from cables and service pipes to home entertainment equipment.
How our claims process works
Whatever happens, we’re here when you need us – online and over the phone.
To make a claim, you’ll need your insurance policy number, any photos of the lost or damaged items (if you have them), and any related receipts, quotes or invoices.
You can make a claim over the phone or online if you’re registered for MyAviva.
If there’s been an emergency, eg your home isn’t secure after a break-in or it’s not safe to stay there following damage, get in touch with us as soon as you can.
We’ll get back to you as soon as we can to sort things out. And if you make a claim online, we aim to get back to you within 2 hours.
Looking for more cover?
We’ve got a range of products to protect what’s important to you.
Take a look at our latest news and guides.
7 Nov 2017
Make your home more energy efficient – and reduce your energy bills too.
18 Oct 2017
From changing your locks to installing a security alarm, how to cut the risk of being burgled in your new home.
7 Nov 2017
A handy check-list of measures to make your home less attractive to thieves.
18 Oct 2017
Take a look at our guide to choosing the home CCTV system that’s right for you.
7 Nov 2017
Find out how to keep rats, mice and insects from your home.
Need help? Ask our chatbot
1. Limits do apply for certain parts of cover, such as single item limits for valuables or personal belongings.
2. Customer feedback received 17 May 2017.
3. Customer feedback received 28 January 2016.
4. For our joint protection, telephone calls may be recorded and/or monitored. Calls to 0800 numbers from UK landlines and mobiles are free. The cost of calls to 03 prefixed numbers are charged at national call rates (charges may vary dependent on your network provider) and are usually included in inclusive minute plans from landlines and mobiles.
5. Based on customers who bought Contents Insurance from 1 June to 15 August 2017, we expect at least 10% to pay £51 or less. Priced individually.
6. Clothing not included.
7. Excludes optional covers. Minimum price applies.