Home Insurance policy add-ons
Build your home insurance to suit you
Extra cover for your house and home
Sometimes you need a little extra protection for important items like bicycles, laptops or jewellery. That's why we offer a range of Home Insurance policy add-ons – so you can make sure your cover's right for you.
We offer 2 levels of cover protecting things like septic tanks and service pipes, home entertainment systems – even any glass in your furniture.
Our 'Limited' cover:
- For Buildings Insurance, this covers accidental damage to any fixed glass, sanitary fittings (like your bathroom sink), service pipes and cables
- For Contents Insurance, this covers accidental damage to non-portable home entertainment equipment, mirrors and glass in furniture (like cabinets or coffee tables)
Our 'Extra' cover:
- For Buildings Insurance, this also covers accidental damage to the rest of your home
- For Contents Insurance, this also covers accidental damage to most of your belongings in your home – so no need to worry if you spill that glass of wine on the carpet
Unfortunately, we don’t cover damage caused by faulty items, design or workmanship, or flood water damage (though this is covered by our standard Home Insurance).
Protected no-claims discount
If you've not made a claim for 5 years or more, you can select this cover to protect your no-claims discount on your Home Insurance policy.
It's that simple.
Legal services can help you deal with issues around consumer law, property disputes, personal injury and medical/cosmetic procedure negligence. We’ll cover:
- Up to £100,000 of legal services funding for you and your domestic partner and any family members living with you
- Employment disputes (as long as they didn’t occur within the first 30 days of cover, or related to any disciplinary or grievance procedures)
We'll arrange a lawyer to discuss your case with you. And if they believe you're likely to succeed, they'll represent you.
Home emergency cover
If something sudden happens which causes a loss of essential services – like heating or power breakdown or a pest infestation – we’ll cover:
- Labour, parts and materials – up to £1,000 with no excess
- Hotel accommodation – up to £1,000 with no excess
This doesn't cover dual-purpose boilers, domestic appliances like dishwashers, normal day-to-day maintenance, or wear and tear.
Going further than our Contents Insurance, this covers you in and away from the home, in the UK, or anywhere else in the world. You'll be covered for:
- Personal items with a single article limit of £2,000 (plus separate cover available on higher value items)
- Personal money up to £750
- Credit cards up to £1,000
- Theft from an unattended vehicle up to £1,500 as long as the items were secured out of sight
Unfortunately, we can’t cover everything – for example, we don’t cover sports equipment like skis or sports racquets as standard.
While cycles are covered at home under our standard Contents Insurance, we can provide extra cover for bikes used by you and your family anywhere in the world.
Select your own level of cover between £300 and £3,500.
Unfortunately, we can’t cover theft of unattended bikes unless they’re locked in a building or to an object that can’t be moved.
Looking for Home Insurance?
Take a look at our complete Buildings and Contents cover.
Take a look at our latest news and guides.
26 Oct 2017
Take a look at our checklist to help you manage every step of the move to your new home.
26 Oct 2017
From damp patches to cracks in the walls, what to look out for when you’re out viewing homes.
26 Oct 2017
Childproofing your home
Take a look at our tips for keeping toddlers and little ones safe from household hazards.
26 Oct 2017
Insurance for first-time buyers
Our guide to insurance for first-time buyers including buildings, contents and life insurance.
18 Oct 2017
Making home improvements
Take a look at our tips to getting started with home renovations and decorations.
1. For our joint protection, telephone calls may be recorded and/or monitored. Calls to 0800 numbers from UK landlines and mobiles are free. The cost of calls to 03 prefixed numbers are charged at national call rates (charges may vary dependent on your network provider) and are usually included in inclusive minute plans from landlines and mobiles.