Cover for your buildings and contents
Starting from only £99, our Home Insurance protects both your home inside and out – covering your building and belongings. 10% of our customers have paid this price 1.
Cover if you’re burgled, something’s damaged in a fire – even replacing the food in your freezer if it breaks.
We’ll cover the cost of repairing damage to the structure of your property caused by water damage, fire and more.
We’ll arrange and pay for accommodation if your home is damaged and can’t be lived in 2.
Plus, you can tailor your policy to suit you with add-ons like accidental damage, legal services and bicycle cover. Or, if you only need either Buildings or Contents insurance, you can choose these separately.
Your Home Insurance stories
With every new claim, there’s a story to tell. Here are some examples of how we helped people get their homes back in order.
After losing many sentimental belongings in a break-in, William wasn’t looking forward to the claims process. But we were there to help when he needed us. We quickly arranged for repairs to doors and windows and settled the claim for his stolen items with understanding and speed 3.
Accidental damage optional add-on
When the shark attacked Nemo, Julie’s granddaughter came to the rescue and threw a plate at the TV screen. Julie couldn’t find her policy documents but she looked up our number and gave us a call. We settled the replacement TV claim over the phone within a few minutes. We’re pretty sure Nemo escaped 4.
What does Home Insurance cover?
Our Home Insurance includes buildings and contents cover together – that’s the structure of your home and your belongings. Plus you can tailor your policy with our optional add-ons.
Cover for your property, possessions and more.
Damage to your property and possessions
- Caused by events such as fire, theft, subsidence and flooding
- Includes damage to garages and outbuildings and their contents
- Unlimited overall sum insured for properties with up to 5 bedrooms
Cost of alternative accommodation (including loss of rent)
- We’ll pay for accommodation if your home can’t be lived in due to damage covered by your policy
- And if you’re a landlord, we may cover you for any lost rent while the property is uninhabitable
Liability protection for injuries or property damage
- If you’re legally liable as the homeowner or occupier or if you’re an employer of domestic services (eg a cleaner)
What’s not covered
Unfortunately, we can’t cover everything – make sure you’re happy with what’s not covered, including:
- Wet rot, dry rot or frost damage
- Damage that’s been caused over time
- Fences, gates or hedges damaged in a storm
- Claims for poor workmanship or faulty design
Take a look at our policy wording for full details of what's not covered.
Get up to 20% off online
Take out our Home Insurance online and you could get up to 20% off the standard price 5.
Tailor your policy with our add-ons and get extra cover for your home and belongings. See our home insurance add-ons for more details.
Choose between 'extra' and 'limited' cover for items from cables and service pipes to home entertainment equipment.
Protected no-claims discount
If you haven't made a claim for 5 years you can choose to protect your no-claims discount.
Cover for you and your domestic partner, as well as any family members living with you.
Cover for labour, parts and materials if there’s an emergency at your home.
Extra personal belongings
Additional cover for your belongings in the UK and worldwide, including personal money and credit cards.
Pedal cycle insurance wherever you are in the world.
How our claims process works
Whatever happens, we’re here when you need us – online and over the phone.
To make a claim, you’ll need your insurance policy number, any photos of the lost or damaged items (if you have them), and any related receipts, quotes or invoices.
You can make a claim over the phone or online.
If there’s been an emergency, eg your home isn’t secure after a break-in or it’s not safe to stay there following damage, get in touch with us as soon as you can.
We’ll get back to you as soon as we can to sort things out. And if you make a claim online, we aim to get back to you within 2 hours.
Looking for more cover?
We’ve got a range of options to help protect what’s important to you.
Buildings InsuranceFrom porches to patios, our Buildings Insurance helps to protect the structure of your property.
Contents InsuranceFrom gadgets to grandfather clocks, our Contents Insurance can help to protect your prized possessions.
Aviva ResponseFrom gas boiler breakdowns and blocked pipes to faulty wiring, we can get it sorted.
Take a look at our latest news and guides.
26 Oct 2017
Take a look at our checklist to help you manage every step of the move to your new home.
26 Oct 2017
From damp patches to cracks in the walls, what to look out for when you’re out viewing homes.
26 Oct 2017
Take a look at our tips for keeping toddlers and little ones safe from household hazards.
26 Oct 2017
Our guide to insurance for first-time buyers including buildings, contents and life insurance.
18 Oct 2017
Take a look at our tips to getting started with home renovations and decorations.
Need help? Ask our chatbot
1. Based on customers who bought Aviva Buildings and Contents insurance from 1 August 2017 to 31 October 2017, we expect at least 10% to pay £99 or less. Priced individually.
2. Applies to homes that are uninhabitable due to damage. After assessing your claim, we’ll cover costs and arrange, if needed, suitable accommodation until your home is ready to live in. Up to £80,000 or 20% of your sum insured if you’re claiming under Buildings cover or up to £10,000 if you’re claiming under Contents cover.
3. Customer feedback received 29 December 2016.
4. Customer feedback received 25 April 2017.
5. Excludes optional covers. Minimum price applies.
For our joint protection, telephone calls may be recorded and/or monitored. Calls to 0800 numbers from UK landlines and mobiles are free. The cost of calls to 03 prefixed numbers are charged at national call rates (charges may vary dependent on your network provider) and are usually included in inclusive minute plans from landlines and mobiles.