Do you offer European breakdown cover?
You can add European breakdown cover to any of the standalone breakdown cover options. This cover includes:
- Spare parts dispatch if they are required to repairs your cars whilst abroad
- Extra accommodation expenses if you are stranded following a breakdown
- Journey continuation or return home: the RAC will pay for car hire up to £125 per day up to a maximum of £1,500, if your car cannot be repaired immediately
- Replacement driver if you and your passengers are too ill to continue driving (must be certified by a doctor)
- Vehicle break in - the RAC will pay for repairs to make your car secure again following a break-in or an attempted break-in whilst abroad
- Returning your car to the UK if it cannot be repaired
As part of European breakdown cover, the RAC also include a number of features which apply after you return home including:
- Travel expenses to collect your vehicle that has been left abroad for repair
- Replacement vehicle after your return: the RAC will pay for car hire up to £125 per day up to a maximum of £1,500, if your car cannot be repaired immediately.
Explore more frequently asked questions
Whether you want to change your details, make a claim or understand more about our products, you can find answers to FAQs by category.
Home insurance and Heating & Boiler Cover
FAQ search tool
Not found the answer you need yet? If you have a particular question, try our FAQ search tool.