Frequently Asked Questions
Ask us a question
You asked: Does personal accident insurance cover me for an illness or condition that I had before I took out my insurance?
No, insurance is intended to cover you for unexpected events and as such any illness or condition which you know about when you take out your insurance is not covered. This includes any illness or condition which is undiagnosed, but which you are awaiting diagnosis of from a doctor when you take out insurance. In general, personal accident products only pay a benefit if you suffer injuries or die as a direct result of an accident. Injury or death which results from sickness or disease is not covered.
Did this answer your question?
Answers others found useful
- I've moved house, how do I update my address details for my life insurance policy?
- Will personal accident insurance cover me for a motor accident?
- Does personal accident insurance cover me for an accident abroad?
- How is Personal accident insurance different from Life or Healthcare cover?
- What will be insured under my home insurance policy?
Browse our FAQs by topic