Frequently Asked Questions

Ask us a question

You asked: Can I still travel to the European Union during the Transition Period?

Yes, with the correct documentation.

Check what passports, visas and documents you may need – this may have changed. We recommend you review Foreign & Commonwealth Office guidance for the country you intend to travel to.

If you’re driving your car in the EU / EEA, Andorra, Serbia or Switzerland, and will return prior to the end of the Transition Period you won’t need a green card for evidence of proof of car insurance.

It’s worth noting that this is the case whilst we’re in the Transition Period. We’ll continue to monitor the situation during the Transition Period as the UK’s relationship with the EU becomes clearer.

There’s no cover under your travel policy if you need to make a claim that’s the result of not having the appropriate documentation when leaving the UK.

Did this answer your question?

Answers others found useful

Back to top