If there has been an emergency it's always better to call us on 0345 030 6945 so we can help you as soon as possible (lines are open 24/7).
Examples of emergency situations when it's always best to call
- Your home is unsecure, for example due to damage to locks, doors or windows
- There is standing water in your home caused by flooding
- There is ongoing dripping or leaking water
- There is any risk of injury to you or anyone else from things like falling masonry or electrocution
- Your home is uninhabitable
How to claim? Can I claim? Should I claim?
- Tell us about a claim or potential claim ("notify us") online to get the ball rolling
- Notifying us online allows you to add photos and other documents to the information about what’s happened
- We’ll get back to you by email or phone (whichever you prefer) within 48 hours, to let you know what amount you could claim, what excesses might apply, and so on. We might need to ask some more questions in order to do this.
- You decide what happens next. We won't finalise a claim without your authorisation.
- If for any reason you decide not to go ahead with a claim, there will be no effect on your policy or premium as a result of you notifying us about the incident.
Getting ready to claim
Having the right information to hand when you're telling us about a claim on your home insurance will really help us process your claim. Here's what's likely to be useful:
Your insurance policy number
Unless you are already logged in to MyAviva)
Photos of damaged or lost property
You can upload these when you tell us about a claim online. For damage to buildings, it is helpful to show detail and also shots from further away (to show where the damage is).
Receipts, quotes or invoices
You can upload photos or document files (e.g. Word, pdf) when you tell us about a claim online (if these are appropriate)
An estimate of the size of an affected area
For example, where there is damage to buildings or carpets. It can also be helpful to know the dimensions of any affected rooms.