What is insured under buildings cover?

Buildings insurance covers the main structure of your home. If your home were to subside, burn, or be damaged by extreme weather, your buildings insurance policy covers the costs of rebuilding or repair. It also covers any permanent fixtures in your home like built-in wardrobes, kitchen surfaces, taps, basins, baths and showers.

Our buildings insurance includes cover for outbuildings, boundary walls, gates, pools, drives and paths as standard.

If we’re repairing your home following a claim and your home is uninhabitable we’ll also cover the cost of suitable temporary alternative accommodation until the repairs are complete and it’s ready to live in again.

For detailed information please see our Overview of benefits.

For a quote visit here.

Explore more frequently asked questions

Whether you want to change your details, make a claim or understand more about our products, you can find answers to FAQs by category.

Coronavirus updates, help and support

We're having to do a few things a little differently right now, here's all the latest information about our different policies, including COVID-19 specific frequently asked questions, and the best way to contact us.

FAQ search tool

Not found the answer you need yet? If you have a particular question, try our FAQ search tool.