Response heating and boiler cover
What's the difference between Aviva Response and the Home Emergency optional cover offered on Aviva Home Insurance?
Aviva Home Emergency cover is an optional cover on Aviva Home insurance policies. It provides expert help with emergencies at your home, but doesn’t cover non-emergency breakdowns such as leaking taps or problems with electrical sockets.
Aviva Heating and Boiler cover can be purchased without Aviva Home insurance and is designed to give broader protection, so you can access expert help in the home for both emergency and non-emergency repairs. With Aviva Heating and Boiler cover, you can choose to cover just your heating or, if you prefer, upgrade to include cover for plumbing, electrics and home security.
Aviva Heating and Boiler cover also offers the following benefits not included in our Home Emergency cover:
- Boiler replacement guarantee - if we can’t repair your gas boiler, we’ll replace it.
- All parts, labour and VAT included
- If your boiler is aged 7 years or over you will need to contribute £500 towards its replacement. This amount is in addition to any excess you have selected
- Annual gas boiler service and carbon monoxide detector check
- to help keep your heating running safely and efficiently
- When HomeServe carry out your annual boiler service, if your battery operated carbon monoxide detector by your boiler is broken (or you don’t have one), we’ll give you a new one to help keep you safe.
- Claims limit
- £4,000 limit per claim under each cover, other than breakdown of your boiler or heating system where no limit applies provided your boiler is not beyond economic repair, or the parts required to repair it are obsolete.
For more detailed information on the differences, please refer to the policy wordings. If you have any questions, please give us a call.
When will my annual gas boiler service be carried out?
When you first purchase Aviva Heating and Boiling cover, HomeServe will arrange an appointment to carry out a boiler health check. A HomeServe engineer will inspect your heating system to ensure it is working safely and confirm we can cover it.
They will also carry out your first boiler service during the same visit as long as your boiler passes its health check. Provided we offer renewal, we will contact you each year to arrange your annual boiler service. This will usually be carried out between April and September so we can keep the winter months free to help customers with heating emergencies. We offer morning, afternoon and evening appointments, 7 days a week.
Find the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions on car, home, health, life and travel insurance cover, pensions, investments, the Aviva Drive app and Brexit.