Frequently Asked Questions
Ask us a question
You asked: What is the excess on a home insurance claim?
Our standard excess is £200 but you can select different excesses for both buildings and contents insurance, the minimum being £100. You can select these in the "Tailor your policy" section on the "Your quote" page
If you have a subsidence claim the standard excess is £1,000 (this figure can change depending on the history of your property/area)
If you are an existing customer you can review your excesses in MyAviva. Once logged in follow the below steps
Click the "Your policies" button > Click the "Details" button on the policy you wish to view > Then click "Policy excesses"
For AvivaPlus policies If you make an escape of water claim the standard excess is £450 (this figure can change depending on your level of cover and your standard excess)
Did this answer your question?
Answers others found useful
Browse our FAQs by topic
Most popular faqs
- Am I entitled to driving other cars (DOC) cover?
- Where can I find my policy number?
- I've moved house, how do I update my address details for my life insurance policy?
- What's the difference between protected rights and non-protected rights?
- Do I need to select business use on my car insurance policy?