Frequently Asked Questions
Ask us a question
You asked: How do I know if my family are eligible for Government help when I die?
Eligibility is generally based on your spouse or civil partner's age when you die, their level of income and any benefits they receive, in addition to any National Insurance contributions you've made.
Different conditions apply for each of the benefits. You can find out more information at www.direct.gov.uk
Did this answer your question?
Answers others found useful
Browse our FAQs by topic
Most popular faqs
- Am I entitled to driving other cars (DOC) cover?
- Where can I find my policy number?
- I've moved house, how do I update my address details for my life insurance policy?
- What's the difference between protected rights and non-protected rights?
- Do I need to select business use on my car insurance policy?