Frequently Asked Questions
Ask us a question
You asked: Are there any penalties for transferring my pension pot to another provider?
This will depend on the type of pension that you have and its terms and conditions. You'll also need to take a close look at the benefits your current pension plan offers, so you don't risk losing valuable benefits by transferring from it. Please speak to either your financial adviser or current provider for details of any charges/penalties which may be applied upon transfer. A financial adviser may charge you for their services.
If you are transferring to, or away from, the Aviva Pension, we won't make a charge but other providers may do so. The value of your pension pot can go down as well as up and you may not get back what has been invested.
Did this answer your question?
Answers others found useful
Browse our FAQs by topic
Most popular faqs
- Do I need to select business use on my car insurance policy?
- Am I entitled to driving other cars (DOC) cover?
- I've moved house, how do I update my address details for my life insurance policy?
- Do you charge an admin fee to make a change?
- What's the difference between protected rights and non-protected rights?