Frequently Asked Questions
Ask us a question
You asked: How does the state pension work?
Once you reach state pension age, you can claim your state pension. You'll get a letter about four months before you become eligible telling you what you need to do to claim your state pension. Visit https://www.gov.uk/state-pension to find out more.
Did this answer your question?
Answers others found useful
- What's the difference between protected rights and non-protected rights?
- How much do I get from the state pension?
- What is the State Pension age?
- What is State Earnings Related Pension (SERPS)?
- If I get more than one quote from Aviva, will I be credit checked more than once and have multiple footprints on my credit record?
Browse our FAQs by topic