Frequently Asked Questions
Ask us a question
You asked: Can I claim income support from the government if I'm ill?
The government pays employment and support allowance (ESA) to people who are eligible, but this may not be sufficient to cover your monthly income. For more information, please visit https://www.gov.uk/employment-support-allowance/what-youll-get.
If you?re looking for a more substantial level of cover, income protection can help to provide financial support if you?re unable to work. To understand what level of cover you might need, calculate your current monthly outgoings using our cost of living calculator.
Any government benefit paid is separate to your income protection policy and we will not reduce your benefit in line with these payments.
Did this answer your question?
Answers others found useful
Browse our FAQs by topic
Most popular faqs
- Am I entitled to driving other cars (DOC) cover?
- Where can I find my policy number?
- I've moved house, how do I update my address details for my life insurance policy?
- What's the difference between protected rights and non-protected rights?
- Do I need to select business use on my car insurance policy?