Frequently Asked Questions

Ask us a question

You asked: Can I claim income support from the government if I'm ill?

The government pays employment and support allowance (ESA) to people who are eligible, but this may not be sufficient to cover your monthly income. For more information, please visit

If you?re looking for a more substantial level of cover, income protection can help to provide financial support if you?re unable to work. To understand what level of cover you might need, calculate your current monthly outgoings using our cost of living calculator.

Any government benefit paid is separate to your income protection policy and we will not reduce your benefit in line with these payments.

Did this answer your question?

Answers others found useful

Back to top