Frequently Asked Questions
Ask us a question
You asked: Do I have to take out life insurance with decreasing cover to cover a mortgage?
You're not obliged to take out life insurance to cover your mortgage, but if you do, you'll have some reassurance knowing that there is something in place to help your loved ones cover the repayment costs should the worst happen.
There are many different policies available which could help to protect your family, compare our policies to find out which might be most suitable for you and your loved ones.
If you're unsure, you could speak to a financial adviser - if you don't have an adviser, you'll find a list of local advisers at www.unbiased.co.uk.
Did this answer your question?
Answers others found useful
Browse our FAQs by topic
Most popular faqs
- Am I entitled to driving other cars (DOC) cover?
- Where can I find my policy number?
- I've moved house, how do I update my address details for my life insurance policy?
- What's the difference between protected rights and non-protected rights?
- Do I need to select business use on my car insurance policy?