Frequently Asked Questions
Ask us a question
You asked: How much critical illness cover should I have?
Everyone's needs are different and it's up to you to decide what level of cover best suits your needs. Some of the things that could affect your decision are:
- Money needed to cover any ongoing or outstanding loans, ie your mortgage repayments.
- Money needed to cover any potential medical bills or rehabilitative expenses.
- Money needed to cover general family expenditure, if you were unable to help provide support.
If you need help calculating your current family expenditure, take a look at our cost of living calculator.
Please remember, our Critical Illness Plan is considered separately to our Life Insurance Plan and you do not have to choose the same level of cover for each. If you're unsure how much cover you might need, you could speak to a financial adviser - if you don't have an adviser, you'll find a list of local advisers at www.unbiased.co.uk.
Did this answer your question?
Answers others found useful
Browse our FAQs by topic
Most popular faqs
- Am I entitled to driving other cars (DOC) cover?
- Where can I find my policy number?
- I've moved house, how do I update my address details for my life insurance policy?
- What's the difference between protected rights and non-protected rights?
- Do I need to select business use on my car insurance policy?