Frequently Asked Questions
Ask us a question
You asked: How much life insurance cover should I have?
Everyone's needs are different and it's up to you to decide which type, level and length of cover best suits your needs. Some of the things that could affect your decision are:
- The level of financial support your family might need, if you were no longer around to help provide for them.
- Money needed to cover any outstanding loans or mortgage. Money needed to help fund schooling, university and lifestyle choices.
- You might also consider whether you'd like an amount of cover which could increase or decrease over time.
If you're unsure, you should speak to a financial adviser - if you don't have an adviser, you'll find a list of local advisers at www.unbiased.co.uk.
Did this answer your question?
Answers others found useful
- Where do I enter my PIN?
- I can’t find my share information
- Should I have the same level of cover for my life insurance and critical illness cover?
- What is the With-Profit Income Fund? How are bonuses added? (Please note this fund is no longer available to new investors)
- How can I get proof of my No Claim Discount?
Browse our FAQs by topic
Most popular faqs
- Am I entitled to driving other cars (DOC) cover?
- Where can I find my policy number?
- I've moved house, how do I update my address details for my life insurance policy?
- What's the difference between protected rights and non-protected rights?
- Do I need to select business use on my car insurance policy?