Frequently Asked Questions
Ask us a question
You asked: How long will the total Aviva Pension (SIPP), transfer, drawdown, payment in bank account process take?
The timescales to take an income from the Aviva Pension can vary, but typically it will take 3-6 weeks to complete the transfer stage. Once you are ready to arrange your drawdown, log into MyAviva and select 'MyInvestmentPortfolio', and start the process to withdraw money from your pension. We 'll process your drawdown - this typically takes up to 2 days and then any payments are issued by BACS - tax free lump sums take 3-5 working days to be credited, with taxable payments taking 4-6 working days. Setting up regular payments can take up to 10 working days.
Did this answer your question?
Answers others found useful
- How long will it take for any drawdown payment to arrive from my Aviva Pension?
- What do I need to have ready to complete the application to take drawdown from my Aviva Pension, to make sure there's no delay?
- How do I take money from my pension fund?
- When can I take tax free-cash from my pension?
- How do I start income drawdown in the Aviva Pension?
Browse our FAQs by topic
Most popular faqs
- What's the difference between protected rights and non-protected rights?
- Am I entitled to driving other cars (DOC) cover?
- Do I need to select business use on my car insurance policy?
- What is the Aviva breakdown service callout number?
- What if I have earned No Claim Discount on motor insurance overseas?