Frequently Asked Questions

Ask us a question

You asked: How do I reclaim tax I've had deducted from a one-off taxable payment?

At the end of the tax year HMRC will check that you've paid the right amount of tax. If you owe tax, or have overpaid, they'll send a tax calculation to you and a new tax code to your pension provider. Your pension provider will use this to work out how much tax to take from your pension payments for that tax year. If you don't want to wait until the end of the tax year, you can fill in the relevant form at

Did this answer your question?

Answers others found useful

Back to top