Frequently Asked Questions
Ask us a question
You asked: What do you mean by dependant?
You can choose to provide an income for your dependant if you die before them. This may reduce your income. A dependant is someone who relies on you for financial support, such as your spouse, civil partner, child or a financially dependent adult.
Did this answer your question?
Answers others found useful
Browse our FAQs by topic
Most popular faqs
- Am I entitled to driving other cars (DOC) cover?
- Where can I find my policy number?
- I've moved house, how do I update my address details for my life insurance policy?
- Do I need to select business use on my car insurance policy?
- What's the difference between protected rights and non-protected rights?