Frequently Asked Questions

Ask us a question

You asked: How do I claim back pension tax relief if I am in a higher rate tax bracket?

The basic rate of 20% is automatically applied. If you are a higher rate tax payer and pay 40% or additional rate tax payer at 45% the additional relief will need to be claimed back through a self-assessment tax return. You don't get tax relief on pension transfers as you've already received this when you first paid the money into your pension.

Did this answer your question?

Answers others found useful

Back to top