Frequently Asked Questions
Ask us a question
You asked: What’s the difference between Aviva Response and the Home Emergency optional cover offered on Aviva home insurance?
Aviva Home Emergency cover is an optional cover on Aviva home insurance policies. It provides expert help with emergencies at your home, but doesn’t cover non-emergency breakdowns such as leaking taps or problems with electrical sockets.
Aviva Response can be purchased without Aviva home insurance and is designed to give broader protection, so you can access expert help in the home for both emergency and non-emergency repairs. With Aviva Response, you can choose to cover just your heating or, if you prefer, upgrade to include cover for plumbing, electrics and home security.
Aviva Response also offers the following benefits not included in our Home Emergency cover:
• Boiler replacement guarantee - if we can’t repair your gas boiler, we’ll replace it.
- All parts, labour and VAT included
- If your boiler is aged 7 years or over you will need to contribute £500 towards its replacement. This amount is in addition to any excess you have selected
• Annual gas boiler service and carbon monoxide detector check
- to help keep your heating running safely and efficiently
- When HomeServe carry out your annual boiler service, if your battery operated carbon monoxide detector by your boiler is broken (or you don’t have one), we’ll give you a new one to help keep you safe.
- £4,000 limit per claim under each cover, other than breakdown of your boiler or heating system where no limit applies provided your boiler is not beyond economic repair, or the parts required to repair it are obsolete.
For more detailed information on the differences, please refer to the policy wordings. If you have any questions, please give us a call.
Did this answer your question?
Answers others found useful
Browse our FAQs by topic