Frequently Asked Questions
Ask us a question
You asked: I used to live and work in the UK and during this period my pension fund was created. I'm an EU citizen and am now resident in the EU. What will happen to my pension if a no deal Brexit occurs?
We’re aware that a small number of our customers purchased their policy in the UK and are now permanently relocated in – or may, in the future, permanently relocate to – a different country within the European Union / European Economic Area.
Following the outcome of the Brexit negotiations, the approach taken by the EU/EEA regulators may affect the policies of customers living in EU /EEA countries. We don’t yet know what the approach of these regulators will be.
In the meantime, we are engaging with the regulators and continuing to monitor political developments, so we can minimise any regulatory or operational difficulties that might arise. We’ll always aim to provide the service our customers expect, whatever the Brexit outcome may be.
Did this answer your question?
Answers others found useful
- Will you be able to make a payment to me overseas?
- I’m an Aviva customer. Do I need to do anything for Brexit?
- I want to transfer my pension what types of pension won't you accept into the Aviva Pension?
- After taking income drawdown my Aviva Pension still shows the tax free cash figure within it. Why is this?
- What will happen if I move house?
Browse our FAQs by topic