Frequently Asked Questions

Ask us a question

You asked: Will my insurance cover me for travel delays and cancellations due to Brexit?

Yes, with some limitations.

If airspace is closed after Brexit and you’re unable to fly (remember that the Government anticipates flights will operate as normal), then you should seek a refund from the airline. If your policy covers airspace closure, you can claim, and we’ll help you cover the costs of alternative travel arrangements or accommodation. This cover might be an optional addition to your policy.

There is no cover under your travel policy if you need to claim due to not having the appropriate documentation when leaving the UK.

Your insurance will still cover you for flight delays but remember that you aren’t covered if you miss your flight because there were delays checking in or getting through security. So, in the event of a ‘no deal’, please allow extra time to travel.

Did this answer your question?

Answers others found useful

Back to top