Frequently Asked Questions
Ask us a question
You asked: If I already have a pension scheme, can I use that to auto-enrol my employees?
That depends on the type of scheme you have. The summary below sets out the implications for employers for different types of pension scheme.
Qualifying scheme but not an auto-enrolment scheme
You will need to work with your pension scheme provider to change your existing scheme, to introduce auto-enrolment processes. Please discuss your requirements with your financial adviser.
Did this answer your question?
Answers others found useful
- What is the difference between a qualifying scheme and an auto-enrolment scheme?
- Can someone refuse to be auto-enrolled?
- How does tax relief work on a pension?
- Do I need to contribute if an employee younger than 22 or older than state pension age joins the pension scheme?
- How much do employers and employees have to contribute?
Browse our FAQs by topic