Frequently Asked Questions
Ask us a question
You asked: Can I offer salary sacrifice with auto-enrolment?
The auto-enrolment process has to operate automatically, without requiring employees to make any decisions. So you can't ask employees to decide whether or not they want salary sacrifice when you auto-enrol them.
However, you could do so afterwards. And if an employee joins the pension scheme voluntarily (ie without being auto-enrolled), you can ask them when they join to choose whether they want salary sacrifice. An employee might join voluntarily during the scheme's deferred period, for instance.
For more information, please read our factsheet on salary exchange.
Did this answer your question?
Answers others found useful
- How much do employers and employees have to contribute?
- What is the difference between a qualifying scheme and an auto-enrolment scheme?
- Can my employer send you combined employer/employee contributions (salary sacrifice) to the Aviva Pension?
- What is meant by opting out?
- If I already have a pension scheme, can I use that to auto-enrol my employees?
Browse our FAQs by topic