Frequently Asked Questions
Ask us a question
You asked: Do I need to continue contributing if a member’s earnings drop below the minimum earnings threshold?
Yes, if you have a contractual agreement with the member to do so. Otherwise the answer depends on how far the member's earnings drop.
• If their earnings stay above the contributions threshold, you and the scheme member would normally have to continue contributing.
• If their earnings also drop below the contributions threshold, neither you nor the member would need to continue contributing. However, either or both of you could continue voluntarily.
Did this answer your question?
Answers others found useful
- Do I need to contribute if an employee younger than 22 or older than state pension age joins the pension scheme?
- What is the difference between a qualifying scheme and an auto-enrolment scheme?
- What is NEST?
- How much do employers and employees have to contribute?
- Do I need to contribute if an employee earns too little to be auto-enrolled but decides to join the pension scheme?
Browse our FAQs by topic