Aviva has enjoyed a successful 12-year partnership with Norwich City FC, both as main club sponsor and community partner. Earlier this year, we made the decision to focus our efforts on other community activity, so we won’t be renewing our partnership at the end of the current season.
Over the many years, Aviva and NCFC have enjoyed a mutually successful partnership which has seen many achievements and award-winning successes. Aviva remains hugely committed to supporting community initiatives in Norwich and we’ll continue to work alongside other Norwich-based organisations in the Norwich Together programme.
Our partnership began back in the 2008/09 Championship season, and has enjoyed a rollercoaster ride throughout Division One, the Championship and Premier League seasons, standing side by side with the club, players and fans.
Off the pitch, our work with the club led to countless highlights:
- We’ve donated the front of shirt branding to support various local charities over the years, as well as Railway Children and British Red Cross.
- We’ve worked with the club to support Stonewall’s Team Pride and Rainbow Laces campaigns for 4 years, seeing the creation of the Proud Canaries LGBT-friendly football team
- We established the Aviva Matchday Buddy programme which sees volunteers supporting fans with mobility needs on every matchday
- We’ve worked with the club to support the Aviva Community Fund, from perimeter ads to player appearances
- We’ve had teams from across our UK business coming together to play on the hallowed turf of Carrow Road in the Aviva 6s tournaments as well as hosting our partners in the Broker 6s
- And who can forget the Aviva Lemur in all its glory!