What will you pay?
Simple fees, lower in the first year.
Open an account through us and you won’t have to pay the monthly Wealthify management fee for a year – current rate up to 0.7% a year.
Investment fund fees
You’ll pay an annual percentage of your investment – this can vary, but is typically between 0.16% and 0.23% a year for the original portfolios, or between 0.42% and 0.69% a year for the ethical portfolios.
Why invest with Wealthify?
Think investing’s right for you, but not sure where to start? Wealthify could be the answer.
- Flexible and affordableYou can add to your account whenever you like – from small amounts to lump sums.
It’s easy to set up an ISA or investment account. You can add one-off lump sums or regular monthly amounts to your ISA (up to the ISA allowance limit, currently £20,000 for the 2019/2020 tax year) or investment account – paperwork-free.
- Make changes easilyIt’s free and easy to do.
Want to edit your investment plan? You can do so at any time, fee-free.
- No experience neededInvestment experience not required – we manage your money for you.
Wealthify offer a range of investments options for you – from cautious to adventurous – their experts will then manage your investments for you 1.
- A choice of portfoliosChoose to invest in our Original portfolios or in funds that make a positive impact on society and the environment.
Our ethical fund providers are signatories of the Principles of Responsible Investing (PRI) so you can rest assured your money is doing good for others – as well as for you.
- Tax efficientThe money you invest in a Stocks and Shares ISA is free from income tax – so make the most of your tax allowance each year.
The ISA allowance for the 2019/2020 tax year is £20,000. So if you’ve contributed less than this during this tax year, you can still put money into your Stocks and Shares ISA. If you’ve maxed out your ISA limit for the year or are looking for a way to spread your investments, you can put money into your pension.
Is investing for you?
Growing your money over time is a goal worth reaching for. While you do need to remember that, with investing, your capital is at risk and the value of your money can go down as well as up – meaning you could get back less than you put in – this doesn’t mean you shouldn’t consider it if you’re keen to make your money work harder.
There are some common myths that might make you think twice about investing; here’s why you shouldn’t let them stop you getting started.
Myth 1: It’s too complicated
With Wealthify, no experience is no problem, because your investments will be managed for you. That means you don’t need to tackle the financial markets yourself – your investments will be monitored and optimised for you all year round.
Myth 2: It's too risky
While investing involves risk, it’s not always too risky to invest your money. With Wealthify, you never invest more than you’re happy to. Plus, you choose the type of investor you want to be – from cautious to adventurous – Wealthify will build a plan that you’re comfortable with.
Myth 3: I don’t have enough money
There’s no minimum payment to open a Wealthify account. Once it’s open, you can add to it whenever you like – either as lump sums or regular amounts. It’s an affordable, flexible way to put your money to work whether you’re starting small or thinking big.
Get £50 when you invest with Wealthify Invest at least £25 in your first 30 days and get a further £25. For another £25 top-up after 12 months, just invest a minimum of £300. Click here to find out more.
Before you invest
Before you open a Wealthify Stocks & Shares ISA, or transfer an existing ISA to Wealthify, make sure you're aware of our criteria.
You can open a new Stocks & Shares ISA if you:
- Are over 18
- Are a UK tax resident
- Have not funded a Stocks & Shares ISA (other than a Lifetime ISA) this tax year
- Have not exceeded your £20,000 ISA allowance
If you want to transfer an existing ISA please keep in mind:
- Transferring doesn't count towards your ISA allowance, unless you've paid into an ISA this tax year
- If you'd like to move money from an ISA that you've paid into this tax year, you'll need to transfer the whole amount
- Your existing provider may charge a penalty when you leave – make sure you check this with them before you transfer
- Cashing in, transferring and re-investing your money can take between 3 and 6 weeks. While the transfer is taking place you won't have your money invested, so you won't be affected by any changes in the market – good or bad
Want more choice?
There's more than one way to make your money work harder. Here are a few other ways you can do it with us.
Aviva Stocks & Shares ISA
Make the most of your money by investing with our tax-efficient Stocks & Shares ISA.
Aviva Investment Account
Open an Aviva Investment Account and manage your money with our easy-to-use online investment service.
News and views
Watch more videos from our New Investor Series, read articles and hear about the latest investing news.
4 Jan 2019
The role of the dad
London_Dad is back, this time talking to Alistair McQueen about his role as a father and his concerns about the initial outlay when investing.
4 Jan 2019
The perfect combination
Dee Campling is once again joined by Alistair McQueen, this time looking for treasures in an antiques shop while chatting about Wealthify at Aviva.
4 Jan 2019
Simplicity in design
In episode three, Alistair McQueen talks to interior designer Dee Campling about her investment concerns and how Wealthify has simplified investing.
10 Dec 2018
Investing for the future
In the second episode, Greg (London_Dad), his daughter and our expert Al chat about investing for the future and the flexibility of Wealthify.
10 Dec 2018
Investing terms explained
Getting confused with investing jargon? Here’s our helpful guide to the terms you need to know.
23 Jan 2018
Risks and rewards of investing
Our guide to the pros and cons of different types of investments.