I’m travelling to the EU, will my car insurance still be valid?

Under UK law, your motor insurance must give you the legal minimum cover needed when driving in the EU.

Your policy will still cover you to drive in the EU.

For some countries, you might also need an International Driving Permit (IDP) when you’re asked to show driving documents.

Explore more frequently asked questions

Whether you want to change your details, make a claim or understand more about our products, you can find answers to FAQs by category.

Coronavirus updates, help and support

We're having to do a few things a little differently right now, here's all the latest information about our different policies, including COVID-19 specific frequently asked questions, and the best way to contact us.

FAQ search tool

Not found the answer you need yet? If you have a particular question, try our FAQ search tool.