Are mobile phones covered by home insurance?
Under contents insurance we will automatically provide cover for loss of or damage to mobile phones caused by any of these events whilst in the home:
- Fire, explosion, lightning, earthquake and smoke damage
- Storm and flood damage
- Riot, civil commotion, strikes, labour and political disturbances
- Damage by malicious persons or vandals
- Collision by aircraft or other aerial devices, vehicles and animals (not including domestic pets)
- Theft or attempted theft from the home
- Falling radio and TV aerials
- Subsidence, heave or landslide
- Damage caused by falling trees or branches
- Escape of water
- Leakage of heating fuel
To cover a mobile against accidental damage in the home you will need to select Extra Accidental Damage cover.
If you would also like to be covered away from home you will need to select Personal Belongings cover.
For cover limits, exclusions and further information please see our overview of benefits.
Mobile Phone's can be covered against Accidental Damage whilst in the Home on AvivaPlus under the Accidental Damage cover. This is included as Standard on the Premium Tier and is an option on the Regular Tier. If you would like the item covered away from the Home, this would be covered under the "Accidents and Thefts away from the Home". This cover is included on the Premium Tier as Standard and is optional on the Regular Tier.
Please note both of these covers are not available on the Basic TIer.
Explore more frequently asked questions
Whether you want to change your details, make a claim or understand more about our products, you can find answers to FAQs by category.
FAQ search tool
Not found the answer you need yet? If you have a particular question, try our FAQ search tool.