Are laptops covered in and out of doors by home insurance?

Under contents insurance we will automatically provide cover for loss of or damage to laptops caused by any of these events whilst in the home:

  • Fire, explosion, lightning, earthquake and smoke damage
  • Storm and flood damage
  • Riot, civil commotion, strikes, labour and political disturbances
  • Damage by malicious persons or vandals
  • Collision by aircraft or other aerial devices, vehicles and animals (not including domestic pets)
  • Theft or attempted theft from the home
  • Falling radio and TV aerials
  • Subsidence, heave or landslide
  • Damage caused by falling trees or branches
  • Escape of water
  • Leakage of heating fuel 

To cover a laptop against accidental damage in the home you will need to select Extra Accidental Damage cover.

If you would like to be covered away from home you will need to select Personal Belongings cover.

For cover limits, exclusions and further information please see our overview of benefits.