How do I apply for a grant of representation?

You can apply for a grant of representation yourself or pay a solicitor or probate specialist to do it for you. In Scotland, you’ll need a certificate of confirmation, which you can apply for at the local Sheriff Court.

Explore more frequently asked questions

Whether you want to change your details, make a claim or understand more about our products, you can find answers to FAQs by category.

Coronavirus updates, help and support

We're having to do a few things a little differently right now, here's all the latest information about our different policies, including COVID-19 specific frequently asked questions, and the best way to contact us.

FAQ search tool

Not found the answer you need yet? If you have a particular question, try our FAQ search tool.