Do I need to select business use on my car insurance policy?

Most of our policies automatically qualify for personal business use as standard at no extra cost. This applies for the main driver of that vehicle and their spouse/domestic partner.

Unfortunately, we cannot cover business use for chauffeurs, taxi drivers, driving instructors or parcel/takeaway/fast food delivery drivers if they are using the insured vehicle in connection with their occupation.

Please see below a list of the different options and what each of these covers:

  • Social, Domestic & Pleasure Only (SD&P)
    This excludes any travel to and from work or other business use
  • Social, Domestic & Pleasure plus commuting
    This covers all named drivers to drive to and from the same place of work every day. This can also be selected if you travel to different places of work but only to one place of work per day
  • Personal Business Use
    This covers all the above plus extends cover to the main driver and their spouse/domestic partner to drive to different locations of work in the same day
  • Employer's Business use
    This covers all the above plus extends cover to any named drivers to drive in connection with the personal business of the main driver and any business of their spouse/domestic partner

If you need to add Employer’s business use, or check what is covered please phone us on 0800 056 2192.

Explore more frequently asked questions

Whether you want to change your details, make a claim or understand more about our products, you can find answers to FAQs by category.

Coronavirus updates, help and support

We're having to do a few things a little differently right now, here's all the latest information about our different policies, including COVID-19 specific frequently asked questions, and the best way to contact us.

FAQ search tool

Not found the answer you need yet? If you have a particular question, try our FAQ search tool.