Am I entitled to driving other cars (DOC) cover?

Driving other cars (DOC) cover applies to main drivers only (also known as vehicle policyholders) who are aged 25 or over at inception, or renewal of the policy. 

It only covers the main driver of the vehicle whilst they are driving, for injury to other people and damage to other people’s property or vehicles. It doesn’t cover damage to the car you are driving.

Your certificate of Motor Insurance will confirm if you have this cover.

Please note, Driving Other Cars (DOC) cover is only applicable in the British Isles (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man).

Adding Foreign use to your policy will not extend this cover outside of the UK. Foreign use also doesn’t extend Courtesy car, Motor legal and Rescue cover outside the UK.

Policy holders with a comprehensive level of cover are insured third-party only to drive vehicles not owned or hired by them, as long as they have the owner’s permission. Short-term cover is excluded.

If you have AvivaPlus car insurance

With AvivaPlus Premium cover you’re also covered third-party, but you can upgrade this to comprehensive cover (for up to five days at a time) by activating it in MyAviva, when you need it.

If you're an existing customer, for cover limits, exclusions and further information please refer to  the documents we sent you, or if you chose to go paperless you can find them on MyAviva, just click on the policy you wish to view.