Frequently Asked Questions

Ask us a question

You asked: Do you accept foreign driving licences?

Yes, if valid to be used in the UK. Please see below details.

EU and EEA (European economic area) licences are acceptable in the UK and do not need to be exchanged to a UK licence.

Licences from these countries can be exchanged for a full UK licence at any time. If you have not exchanged your licence within 12 months you must stop driving until the licence has been exchanged. This must be done within 5 years of arrival in the UK.

Drivers from all other countries will be able to drive in the UK for up to 12 months but a provisional GB licence must be obtained and a driving test(s) passed before the 12 month period elapses.  If this has not been exchanged within the 12 month period, drivers would need to apply for a UK licence including taking a test.

Did this answer your question?

Answers others found useful

Back to top