Frequently Asked Questions

Ask us a question

You asked: Are pedal cycles covered under home insurance?

Pedal cycles are automatically covered as part of your contents cover when they are kept inside your property. Some limits and exclusions apply - please see below for details of where to find these.

If you want to cover your cycles away from home including worldwide cover, you will need to add Pedal Cycle cover to your policy.

New customers
You can cover cycles from £300 to £5000 online. Click here for a quote or if you've already received a quote and would like to add this click here.
If you require extra cover, we can cover cycles up to £5000 over the phone. You can call us on 0800 056 0890.

For the cover limits click here. See our policy booklet for details of the cover and exclusions.

Existing customers
You can add Pedal Cycle cover to your policy using MyAviva. Once logged in follow the below steps:

  • Click the 'Your policies' button at the top
  • Select 'Details'
  • Click 'Amend my policy'
  • Under 'contents cover' and then 'personal belongings - covered in and away from the home' enter the value of your most expensive bike next to 'Cover for your cycle(s)'.

See your policy schedule for the cover limits and your policy booklet for details of the cover and exclusions.

With AvivaPlus your Pedal Cycles will be covered inside the home as part of your contents cover. Whilst away from the home they will be covered worldwide under your "Accidents and Thefts away from the home" cover. This cover is included as standard on the Premium Tier and is an optional cover on the Regular Tier.

Please note this cover is not availbale on the Basic Tier.

Did this answer your question?

Answers others found useful

Back to top