Frequently Asked Questions
Ask us a question
You asked: Will you replace items on a "new for old" basis?
Cover is provided on a new for old basis (except for clothing). We may choose to settle by one of the following methods:
> Replacing with new items
> Reinstating (restoring your insured items to the condition they were in before the loss; for example, by professionally cleaning soiled carpets)
> Payment, so that you can choose your own replacements
Did this answer your question?
Answers others found useful
Browse our FAQs by topic
Most popular faqs
- Do I need to select business use on my car insurance policy?
- Am I entitled to driving other cars (DOC) cover?
- I've moved house, how do I update my address details for my life insurance policy?
- Do you charge an admin fee to make a change?
- What's the difference between protected rights and non-protected rights?