Frequently Asked Questions
Ask us a question
You asked: Can my mortgage be covered with life insurance?
If you have an interest-only mortgage, your outstanding mortgage loan stays the same until you repay it at the end of the mortgage term. Level Life Insurance could cover this type of mortgage.
But if you have a repayment mortgage, Decreasing Life Insurance may be more appropriate. The amount of cover reduces broadly in line with the decrease in your outstanding mortgage loan.
Did this answer your question?
Answers others found useful
- What is Mortgage Payment Protection?
- What is income protection?
- What's the difference between an income protection policy and an Accident Sickness and Unemployment (ASU) policy?
- What affects how much I might get back?
- How much money will I need if I'm ill? How do I know how much you'll pay me if I take out an Income Protection plan?
Browse our FAQs by topic