Frequently Asked Questions
Ask us a question
You asked: Do you offer European breakdown cover?
You can add European breakdown cover to any of the standalone breakdown cover options. This cover includes:
- Spare parts dispatch if they are required to repairs your cars whilst abroad
- Extra accommodation expenses if you are stranded following a breakdown
- Journey continuation or return home: the RAC will pay for car hire up to £125 per day up to a maximum of £1500, if your car cannot be repaired immediately
- Replacement driver if you and your passengers are too ill to continue driving (must be certified by a doctor)
- Vehicle break in - the RAC will pay for repairs to make your car secure again following a break-in or an attempted break-in whilst abroad
- Returning your car to the UK if it cannot be repaired
As part of European breakdown cover, the RAC also include a number of features which apply after you return home including:
- Travel expenses to collect your vehicle that has been left abroad for repair
- Replacement vehicle after your return: the RAC will pay for car hire up to £125 per day up to a maximum of £1500, if your car cannot be repaired immediately
Did this answer your question?
Answers others found useful
Browse our FAQs by topic
Most popular faqs
- Do I need to select business use on my car insurance policy?
- Am I entitled to driving other cars (DOC) cover?
- I've moved house, how do I update my address details for my life insurance policy?
- Do you charge an admin fee to make a change?
- What's the difference between protected rights and non-protected rights?