Frequently Asked Questions
Ask us a question
You asked: Why do you obtain credit information to give me an insurance quote?
Aviva uses information from a Credit Reference Agency to enable us to offer you different payment options including monthly instalments via a credit agreement. A responsible lender of credit Aviva has an obligation to ensure you are able to meet the monthly payments. Aviva fulfil this obligation by undertaking a quotation search. Some information obtained from the Credit Reference Agency is used as part of our fraud assessment
The above information is only relevant for home and motor policies
Did this answer your question?
Answers others found useful
- The Credit Agreement refers to a Credit Limit, what does this mean?
- Will a quotation search be visible on my credit report?
- Why can't I pay by monthly instalments?
- If I get more than one quote from Aviva, will I be credit checked more than once and have multiple footprints on my credit record?
- Will a quotation search affect my ability to secure credit in the future?
Browse our FAQs by topic