Frequently Asked Questions
Ask us a question
You asked: Are pay-outs on a critical illness policy taxed?
Pay-outs for critical illness claims are usually free of income tax and capital gains tax.
Please remember, the tax treatment will depend on your personal circumstances and you should bear in mind that tax rules may change in the future.
Did this answer your question?
Answers others found useful
- Why would you decline a claim?
- How soon will you decide whether to pay a claim?
- How do I make a critical illness claim?
- I have a joint policy with my partner. Will that cover continue for him or her, if you pay out on a critical illness claim for me?
- Can I make a critical illness claim over the phone?
Browse our FAQs by topic